Join Our Team
Are you looking for a career in public safety and emergency communications? Then the ECRECC is for you.
The Essex County Regional Emergency Communications Center is the Regional 9-1-1 Center that provides emergency communications services to the communities of Amesbury, Essex, Middleton, Topsfield and Wenham, Massachusetts.
Also, the ECRECC is responsible for answering emergency 9-1-1 calls and dispatching resources such as police officers, firefighters and paramedics to citizens requiring assistance.
Additionally, the ECRECC is the primary answering point for wireless 9-1-1 calls in Essex county, northern Middlesex county, and 1 community in Suffolk county. The wireless function is responsible for answering 9-1-1 calls and relaying them to the appropriate Public Safety Answering Point, or PSAP.
1. Online Application – Applicants for positions at the Essex County Regional Emergency Communications Center (ECRECC) must complete an online application for all posted vacancies on the Commonwealth’s – Human Resources website. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of applications. Applications are only valid for the position for which applied. If applicants are interested in other posted vacancies, they will need to submit a separate application.
2. Multi-Tasking Test – After review of the application the Human Resources Department will schedule the applicant for testing. This will included testing on audio data entry, typing test and telecommunication skills.
3. Oral Interview – The oral interview is a more formal, in-depth question and answer session conducted by a select panel of ECRECC personnel. Interviews will be scheduled based upon the needs of the agency and the overall qualifications of the applicant.
4. Background Investigation – Applicants who have successfully completed steps 1 through 3 will be entered into a pool of applicants who are eligible for background investigation. If you are selected, a member of the Essex County Sheriff’s Department – Internal Affairs Division will conduct a thorough background investigation.
5. Psychological Exam, Medical Exam, and Drug Screening – Those telecommunication applicants who are given a conditional offer of employment following steps 1 – 4 must successfully complete a psychological exam, medical exam and drug screen. These exams are scheduled and paid for by the ECRECC.